CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

McIntosh and Muwakkil

I understand where McIntosh is coming from, but I think she is harsh in how she says it. She is taking blame for something she did not create. She is also blaming everyone else for oppressing anyone who isn’t white. I understand the invisible backpack and that only the privileged carry the rules and instructions on how to succeed. She makes it seem as though we, white people, should feel guilty for being born white, or any of the other SCWAAMP. I can honestly say that I am white and I do not feel guilty for being born that way, I shouldn’t have to bear that burden like minorities should have to bear racism.

In Muwakkil article, I found he part most troubling was when he says that white men with a criminal record are more likely to get hired than those who don’t. I know that there is still racism, but I didn’t think it would affect up like that. I keep saying to myself, maybe the white guy was better at the job, but I know I’m only fooling myself.

0 comments: